The Ultimate Good Mood Music List

As cliché as it sounds, music has always been a passion of mine. I took piano and singing lessons as a child and even went on to study music and music technology at school and university. So I’ve always loved music and my personal taste has always been rather eclectic. And with it being another dreary start to the week, I thought to share my good mood music playlist! So listen on for songs guaranteed to perk you up on your morning commute or even when you’re already in the office.

Listening to music

Best Old School Tracks To Put You In A Good Mood

Sometimes you just can’t beat a classic. I personally love me some Reggae or R’n’B such as:

“Three Little Birds” by Bob Marley & The Wailers

“Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye

“Superstition” by Stevie Wonder

“Stand By Me” by Ben E. King

Best Divas To Get You Dancing

When it comes to Divas, there’s really only one – Beyoncé. But I’ve listed a few other of my favourites to make it fair.

“Love On Top” and “Drunk in Love” by Beyoncé

“Send My Love (To Your New Lover)” by Adele

“The Greatest” by Sia

“Girl on Fire” by Alicia Keys

“Fighter” by Christina Aguilera

Fun fact: my obsession for Beyoncé is so extreme, I once travelled 10 hours (by coach) to Paris to see her in concert!

Best Chart Tracks To Start Your Day

There are some great pop, dance and even grime artists rocking the UK charts right now. Grime is also making waves stateside, with artists like Drake bringing Grime inspo to his work. So it’s no wonder it’s increased popularity has helped make it’s way into the charts.

“Blem” by Drake

“Symphony” by Clean Bandit ft. Zara Larsson

“Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran

“IDGAF” by Dua Lipa

“Rockstar” by Post Malone , 21 Savage

Music

Music has always been a positive outlet for me. Whether I was playing an instrument, listening to a new album or even live at a gig. I always enjoy discovering new music, bands and artists. But nothing beats listening to some positive tunes to get you going on that cold, rainy commute to the office.

Even though I have an iPhone, I don’t actually use Apple Music and usually stream via Spotify. But I still invest in physical albums from my favourite artists, buying either CD or Vinyl. I’ve also got some old school vinyls from my parents that I’ve inherited, alongside my new ones, I’m racking up a nice collection.

Do you have any favourite tracks to get you in a good mood? What do you listen to on the train or at work?

Disclaimer: This is a collaborative post with HMV.

1. 24th January 2018 / 4:46 pm

I am definitely going to take your word for it, when I get in a certain mood, I’ll listen to this music, hopefully it’ll get me back to being myself again. ☺️

2. 24th January 2018 / 8:27 pm

Pretty much love everything on this list. Love Sia, so glad to see her name on there 🙂 x

3. 25th January 2018 / 8:31 am

I love this list, music is a fab way to keep you happy. There is nothing better than having a singalong

4. hannah
    25th January 2018 / 9:29 am

You have some good songs here. I like Fighter by Christina Aguilera too

5. 25th January 2018 / 10:12 am

I should make a good mood playlist. Such a simple idea but one that can be really uplifting. I like some old school music like “I say a little prayer”

6. 25th January 2018 / 12:59 pm

I’ve been in a bit of a music slump recently but this has really inspired me and I’m gonna start listening to some of these songs on my morning commute 🙂 Great post x

Charlotte

7. 26th January 2018 / 9:48 am

Music is a great part of any day, it can help to motivate me, cheer me up or just be what I need, regardless. Unfortunately I don’t listen to it enough, or at least the stuff I want to listen to. I’m currently working on a playlist for my son’s birthday this Sunday, and I can tell you that this is not the kind of listening I want or need!

8. 26th January 2018 / 7:21 pm

LOVE THIS!! Music plays such a big part in heightening my mood. shape of you definitely gets me energised!

9. 28th January 2018 / 9:34 am

I love every single song on this list! It was like you were speaking to me. I could listen to Love on Top all day!

10. 28th January 2018 / 1:59 pm

I love your playlist! I’m a big fan of ‘fighter’ too – it’s brilliant for running to!

11. 28th January 2018 / 2:51 pm

Love most of the suggestions you’ve put on here! You should great this as a playlist on Spotify, and add the link on here – I’d follow and stream it hehe x

12. 28th January 2018 / 2:54 pm

Shape of You is my private dance party song. It always uplifts me and makes me feel better. I can see why you like it for starting your day.
    C x

13. 28th January 2018 / 8:55 pm

I’m a new found lover for rockstar, no idea where it came from, I don’t normally listen to songs like that. But I have to agree with you there, it’s so catchy but so so good,

14. 29th January 2018 / 10:11 am

I havent heard a single one of those chart songs but I am with you on Stevie Wonder and Superstition, such a great song!

15. 29th January 2018 / 11:08 am

What a great list.I ahve lists depending on what imdoing. My gym list is very upbeat, my driving one much more chilled out, then my before I go out list ha 🙂

16. 29th January 2018 / 4:54 pm

That’s a really interesting mix of tracks. I have more ‘old school’ tracks than you (I grew up in the 70’s) and I just don’t get the fuss about Adele at all. Can’t go wrong with a bit of Stevie though.

17. 30th January 2018 / 10:18 am

Love on Top never fails to get my little booty moving.

Katie xoxo

18. 30th January 2018 / 1:48 pm

Oh I love all of this music and I am a big record collector, Vinyl always for me personally

Laura x

19. 30th January 2018 / 2:46 pm

What a fab list! I love my music blaring in a morning, it gets me ready for the day! x