So it’s that time of year again. And in my usual late fashion (albeit only 3 days late this time around), I wanted to reflect on the past year and set some goals and new year resolutions for 2018. Taking a look back at the goals I set myself last year, unfortunately I wasn’t able to fulfil all of my goals.
What Did I Achieve in 2017?
My fondest memory of last year would have to be the new places I travelled to. 2017 saw me travel to destinations including Iceland, Crete, Norfolk and even Northern Ireland for the first time, as well as a couple of returning trips to Amsterdam.
I think I also made a positive start to picking up some good habits. Things such as ‘being more patient’ or even ‘being more thankful’. Another example would be how I made it a target to only have one alarm in the morning. And whilst, I’m still relying on two, it’s a positive step in the right direction and away from my previous system of 5 alarms. Go me!
What Are My New Year Resolutions for 2018?
Most will be similar to last year’s to be honest with the added focus on a couple of clear goals including ‘buying our first house’. That would probably be the biggest one for the year. And whilst I had it in for last year, I clearly had no idea how much work it was going to be!
So My New Year Resolutions Are…
- Continue to travel more. I’d like to focus on exploring my own country more and visiting some of the beautiful destinations right here in the UK.
- Focus. Whilst I would like to achieve success across all things in my life including my career, blog and personal development goals – I need to focus on achieving the key milestones in order to get closer to my end goals.
- Continue to pick up good habits.
- Pay it forward. This is one I definitely want to work on this year. The nearest I got to it last year, was creating a fundraiser on my birthday for one of my favourite charities.
- Cut out the bulls*t. No explanation needed really… But I’m getting too old to be bogged down with game playing, bitchiness and toxic people.
- Make an effort. This is an easy one, and is just a case of adjusting my way of thinking to ensure I always give everything 101%. If I can’t commit to that, then I won’t do anything at all. This way I can simplify things and ensure I give my best to everything I do.
- Buy our first house. Wish us luck!
- Blog more. This goes without saying as I have been inconsistent in my blog the last few months. So I am aiming to do at least one blog post a week.
- Blog better. Obviously aligns with resolution number 8 and 6. As I don’t just want to churn out more blog posts and not produce great quality content. So this year, I will aim to always produce a good standard when I blog.
- Continue to be
uncomfortable. Last year, I attended my first blogger events – alone! This year I will continue to push myself out of my comfort zone and grow as an individual.
This year will be a challenge I’m sure. But I also feel really positive about it. I will continue to surround myself with positive influences and in line with resolution number 5; cut out any bullsh*t!
So what new year resolutions have you set for yourself this year? Let me know in the comments below.