So it’s that time of year again. And in my usual late fashion (albeit only 3 days late this time around), I wanted to reflect on the past year and set some goals and new year resolutions for 2018. Taking a look back at the goals I set myself last year, unfortunately I wasn’t able to fulfil all of my goals.
What Did I Achieve in 2017?
My fondest memory of last year would have to be the new places I travelled to. 2017 saw me travel to destinations including Iceland, Crete, Norfolk and even Northern Ireland for the first time, as well as a couple of returning trips to Amsterdam.
I think I also made a positive start to picking up some good habits. Things such as ‘being more patient’ or even ‘being more thankful’. Another example would be how I made it a target to only have one alarm in the morning. And whilst, I’m still relying on two, it’s a positive step in the right direction and away from my previous system of 5 alarms. Go me!
What Are My New Year Resolutions for 2018?
Most will be similar to last year’s to be honest with the added focus on a couple of clear goals including ‘buying our first house’. That would probably be the biggest one for the year. And whilst I had it in for last year, I clearly had no idea how much work it was going to be!
So My New Year Resolutions Are…
- Continue to travel more. I’d like to focus on exploring my own country more and visiting some of the beautiful destinations right here in the UK.
- Focus. Whilst I would like to achieve success across all things in my life including my career, blog and personal development goals – I need to focus on achieving the key milestones in order to get closer to my end goals.
- Continue to pick up good habits.
- Pay it forward. This is one I definitely want to work on this year. The nearest I got to it last year, was creating a fundraiser on my birthday for one of my favourite charities.
- Cut out the bulls*t. No explanation needed really… But I’m getting too old to be bogged down with game playing, bitchiness and toxic people.
- Make an effort. This is an easy one, and is just a case of adjusting my way of thinking to ensure I always give everything 101%. If I can’t commit to that, then I won’t do anything at all. This way I can simplify things and ensure I give my best to everything I do.
- Buy our first house. Wish us luck!
- Blog more. This goes without saying as I have been inconsistent in my blog the last few months. So I am aiming to do at least one blog post a week.
- Blog better. Obviously aligns with resolution number 8 and 6. As I don’t just want to churn out more blog posts and not produce great quality content. So this year, I will aim to always produce a good standard when I blog.
- Continue to be
uncomfortable. Last year, I attended my first blogger events – alone! This year I will continue to push myself out of my comfort zone and grow as an individual.
This year will be a challenge I’m sure. But I also feel really positive about it. I will continue to surround myself with positive influences and in line with resolution number 5; cut out any bullsh*t!
So what new year resolutions have you set for yourself this year? Let me know in the comments below.
Fabulous goals! I think I agree with every single one of them in regards to myself too! I was looking at blogger events last night actually & really want to be confident enough to go on my own! They all seem so far away though (LONDON!!) x
We want to buy our first house too. Good look on your search!x
I hear you on the toxic people, I too am too old for all that faff – roll on a fab positive 2018 for us all 🙂 x
I hope you enjoyed your visit to Northern Ireland which is my home country 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful 2018 and good luck with the house x
totally with you on cutting the toxic people out of my life – later, haters. Lol x
Good luck with finding your home – that’s a real biggie. The housing market is pretty stagnant around us here in Dinas Powys but things tend to pick up closer to spring.
Glad you were able to do some incredible trips last year and hoping you’re able to travel some more this year. I am also trying to search and save for a house so fingers crossed
Sounds like a great set of resolutions – ones which will stretch you but which are achievable.
You have got a great set of resolutions there – very achievable. I want to hit my target weight this year so I have got my work cut out, agh!
I love all your goals. They are really achievable and good for the soul. I have a similar list but no house buying unfortunately
Good luck with the house purchase and cutting down the unnecessary interactions 🙂
Iceland, I bet that was an amazing trip. I think your number two on your list ‘focus’, that is one I will be adding to my list.
Good luck with your resolutions, especially buying your first house, it’s such an exciting time. My goals mainly consist of finding a new job, growing my blog further, saving money so i can sell my flat in a few years to move into a house and continuing to gather good habits x
I love looking at people’s goals for 2018 – best of luck for buying a house. You seem focussed so sure it will happen!
It sounds like you’ve got some great goals to set your mind to this year. I hope you manage to find your dream home!
Great goals, seems like a nice start to the new year. This year, for me, i’m about relaxing and enjoying life. cheers to a new year!
2017 sounds like it was awesome for you for travel! I saw the world lots too. Best of luck with your 2018 goals, I’m sure you’re going to smash them! Xxxx